Thursday, September 18, 2014

Intro to me!

Hey everyone!

My name is Morgan and I'm a senior at Salem State University.  I'm studying English as a major and Educational Studies as a minor, and I'm only a few months from graduating!  Since my sophomore year at Peabody High School, English has been my favorite subject and finally after my first year of college, I made it my major. My passion throughout most of my college career has been to teach high school, and I've taken several Education courses at SSU, as well as observed many high school classrooms of different levels.  However, within the past year and a half, I've worked at the Peabody Institute Library and plan on going to the University of Rhode Island to get my Masters in Library Science instead of continuing with teaching.  Although I will not be in a classroom setting, I will still be able to teach children but in a different atmosphere.  At the library, I have the freedom to teach kids anything from how to do to crafts to how to navigate around Microsoft programs.  The best part about my job is that I still get a sense of fulfillment when it comes to teaching children and teens as teachers do in a classroom.  I can't wait to continue on with this career!

No comments:

Post a Comment